Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I'll take a case of the Mondays anytime...

Yesterday was another stellar day. It's amazing what a warm, bright, spring-like day in the middle of January can do for one's spirit. I woke up and headed up the mountain to the Barnardsville project and took a few shots. I loppered the roots after the machine had gone through and now Phase 1 is complete. Phase 2 shouldn't be long in coming after that and I will be doing a hand build in the near future. Photos of that coming for sure. These two photos are of the view from the upper access trail and of a cool rocky turn created by flow and mama nature. Enjoy some trail vision.




Then, last night, I went for a spin in Bent Creek with my new headlight. The headlight rocks, but the soft trails in Bent Creek do not rock. Freeze - Thaw is a Beast. I will have to go out and take a look tomorrow after the rain and get an idea of how much work we have in front of us for the season. I mean some of the stuff on North Boundary was full on rutted. If you can stay out I suggest it, if you can't; well, I had better see you at workdays. I think the light will be getting used for late night road rides for a while until things freeze back up out there. All in all though it was a good quick spin.

No comments: