Thursday, November 8, 2007

Just the calm before the storm

Whew, crazy few days. Let's see where to begin.

I've been feverishly working on the proposal for National Trails Day at Bent Creek. Things are coming along and hopefully I will have most of the event sponsorship stuff wrapped up by first of the year. I also have been working on a tool wish list for the PAS. So far about $8500 worth of toys. I also went and checked out some cool rock today. Hooper's Creek stone. Which is crazy because I grew up in Edneyville right off of Hooper's Creek Road. Beatiful rock, reminds me of being a kid and crashing around in the deep woods.




Now it is time to pack and get ready to head to Philpott Lake in south central Virginia. I will be working with Rich from IMBA doing a basic trailbuilding school this weekend and I am psyched to be back in Virginia. For now here is a pretty little picture of the lake. No real mountains to speak of, but looks like it will be some fun flowy lakeside terrain.

No comments: