Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Volunteer Day...

Well, things have been going well as far as creating some fall work goes. I spent all day Monday working on catching up on a few things. Today though was volunteer work for PAS I met with the folks at the Forest Service and learned a few valuable lessons. I walked a bad flag line in Pisgah and transported a trailer up to Asheville. I got a small ride in at DuPont, but the wrist is still bothering me a bit, I will lay off the bike for a couple more days.

But, this afternoon I wanted to figure out the project for "Dirty Thursday" in August and I think the Pine Tree Trail in Bent Creek is in dire need of some love. Here are a few photos of the "blown up" sections. Some narrowing and root cutting will allow people to stay on line and may neutralize the trail a bit, but should keep things fun. Check-em' out. Tomorrow it is watching L'Alpe D'Huez and then heading to Barntown for some more work. Enjoy your Day.


No comments: