Monday, July 14, 2008

A little bit of maintenance...



What a great weekend. I needed an escape and to surround myself with a new atmosphere this weekend. I went into the weekend looking for something and it all fell into place so that I found it. Friday night was a wonderfully chill drive down to Dupont for a volunteer weekend with the Trail Dynamics boys, Upstate SORBA and PAS. Before coming down for the workday I asked Woody for the ability to JUST WORK. I didn't want to deal with people, I just wanted to sweat. I got my wish. I did a bunch of de-berming solo. It was everything I needed. I worked with a machine for a little while then came through and finished everything off by hand. The berm was great, we had a wonderful relationship all afternoon. Pack and dial...rinse and repeat.



Saturday night I was debating on what I wanted to do and through the day Saturday I became exhausted and decided the best choice would be to camp again and not make any trips. We swam we hung out at a water fall and ate good food. It was the best hanging out with new people and camping for the weekend. I will be doing a lot more of that in the near future. Camping is where it is at. Just me and mother nature. I really like her. Can you blame me? Look how beautiful she is.

No comments: