Friday, July 18, 2008

End of a bad week, but should be a great weekend.



The Barntown project beat me into submission and taught a few hard lessons this week. The rental machine had been a bit on the fritz from hour one. It turns out the right track was WASTED. I left the machine sitting on the side of the mountain last night because I didn't have the right wrench to loosen the track adjustment, so today I had it and set the track back on. Miraculously it came off literally five minutes later....what the!. So I took the track off and low and behold the track was BROKEN. Looks like some other rental customer had run it with some type of object against the track, well the metal bars that the sprocket grabs had been pulled out. Rich Edwards of IMBA knows exactly what I am talking about.





The lesson? Check the tracks all the way around on ALL RENTALS from here out. Hopefully I will be able to get a bit of reimbursement for the time I lost.



This weekend it is CAMPING next to a creek and CHILLIN' I can't wait.

No comments: