Monday, January 12, 2009

Current Inspiration...




This is a cartoon rendering of the setting for the novel I am currently engulfed by.

I find in order to live a fulfilling life and find inspiration outside of my daily existence books are often the most satisfactory escape. I am immersed in Lord of the Flies currently. I think it is a wonderful synopsis on the state of affairs I see occur at the job site among the youth who frequent the facilities I build. Apparently the Santos pump track sees an unbelievable number of kids who find their own special escape on it, an escape from society much like Ralph, "Piggy" and the other kids on the island. I can't wait to go back and get to see how they improve their social skills while at the same time increasing their biking prowess.

Next on the docket are a couple books on Olmstead quite possibly one of the most underwritten geniuses of the turn of the century. I hope to find great things learning more about the man who I think would have been a mountain biker if he were around today.

For now enjoy the quote:
"after all we aren't savages really..." William Golding Lord of the Flies

No comments: